Welcome to Boulevard Heights
An Atlanta Beltline neighborhood in Southeast Atlanta. Bordered to the north by the Southside Trail, Boulevard Heights (also known as "BOHO") is an Atlanta Beltline Neighborhood. Phase 1 of Boulevard Crossing Park, which opened in 2011, is only a few blocks west of BOHO, just across Boulevard. An interim path is currently in place, pending paving in the near future.
Whether you're a current resident, a future resident, a realtor, or just a curious visitor, there is a variety of information on this site about the neighborhood and its surrounding community.
BOHO FAST FACTS
- Trash, recycling and bagged yard waste pickup is WEDNESDAY. Trash pickup will not accept large yard debris, furniture, logs, big branches, fence boards, deck boards, scrap 2x4's, etc. You either need to schedule a bulk pickup (see below) or directly haul those items to a landfill. (more info)
- Bulk Item Pickup must be booked via call to 3-1-1 or by visiting www.ATL311.com
- Boulevard Heights is in City Council District 1
- Atlanta Police Dept Zone 6 covers our neighborhood and we are in APD Beat 607 (call 9-1-1 for emergencies)
- Atlanta Fire Station 10 is our local fire rescue house
- We are part of Neighborhood Planning Unit W (NPU-W) -- Map of NPU-W boundaries here
- South Atlantans for Neighborhood Development (SAND) is our umbrella neighborhood group for representation in NPU-W
- We are part of the Subarea 3 (SE segment) of the Atlanta Beltline
- Neighborhood discussions are managed through a Closed-Membership Facebook group and a moderated Google Group
- Comments or questions about BOHO or this site? Click the Contact Us link in the navigation menu above!
Boulevard Heights Schools
Boulevard Heights is serviced by the Atlanta Public School (APS) system. More information on APS schools may be found at the APS website.
Education is a hot topic within BOHO and surrounding neighborhoods. There are frequent discussions on the Boulevard Heights Group on this topic. There's also a great deal of information and discussions on the Southeast Atlanta Communities for Schools (SEACS) website (more about SEACS below).
What Schools Serve Boulevard Heights?
There have been numerous positive changes with districting and schools serving Boulevard Heights. The entire neighborhood is zoned for Parkside Elementary School, ML King Middle School, and Maynard Jackson High School, the latter two receiving complete rebuilds in recent years, with radical improvements in facilities and resources.
In addition to those public schools, several exceptional public charter schools service our neighborhood, including but not limited to Kindezi O4W, Wesley Academy, Neighborhood Charter Elementary, Neighborhood Charter Middle, Genesis Innovation Academy, Barack and Michelle Obama Academy.
The Atlanta Public Schools Locator Map takes you to an Atlanta Public Schools interactive map where you can enter your address and see more about the schools for the neighborhood. BUT FAIR WARNING, not all BOHO addresses can be found on the locator map site and some will show the wrong schools (such as showing Benteen for Elementary school instead of Parkside). You may also check the Maps Page at the APS website.